425 gr (TV box) and 47 gr (remote)
32 GB and 64 GB
- Bluetooth 4.0
- IR transmitter
- Accelerometer and gyroscope
- Lightning connector for charging
- Rechargeable battery providing months of battery life on a single charge (with typical daily usage)
- HDMI 1.4
- 802.11ac Wi Fi with MIMO
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- IR receiver
- USB C for service and support
- Built in power supply
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.2 or lower
- H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1
Choose precisely what and when you want to watch. Apps like Hulu, Netflix, HBO Now, Watch ESPN, and iTunes give you access to everything that entertains you — from blockbuster movies, TV shows, and live sports to breaking news and weather. There are also shows for kids, music events, live NASA feeds, podcasts, and so much more.
With over 1600 video apps to choose from, you’ll never say there’s nothing on TV again.
Introducing the TV app — one place to access shows and movies from multiple video apps. The TV app gives you a unified viewing experience, letting you see all the movies and shows you’re watching, from all the different apps you use. You can find upcoming episodes. Get recommendations. And watch a movie or show directly from the TV app. No matter where you’re watching — on your TV, iPhone, or iPad — the TV app will change how you experience television.
Complete TV Packages
Enjoy complete, live TV packages on Apple TV — without renting or connecting a cable box or satellite dish. Download apps such as DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, or Sling TV from the App Store. And just like that you’re surfing live TV, enjoying shows, and watching movies on demand.
Single Sign On
No more typing in user names and passwords for every app you use. With single sign-on, just enter your cable or satellite subscription credentials once, then get access to all the apps in your pay TV package that support single sign-on.
With Up Next you see all the shows and movies you’re watching and can even pick up where you left off. Watch Now also includes recommendations for what you might want to watch next.
Looking for something entirely new? The Store helps you discover great new content across video services or apps you haven’t downloaded or have not yet subscribed to, along with the latest releases on iTunes.
Look for content across many different apps from just one place. And find what you’re looking for without hopping from app to app.
Siri is great when you know what you want to watch. Say something specific like “I want to watch the next episode of Homeland” and Siri takes you right there. But the intelligence of Siri shines when you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for. Say “I feel like watching an ’80s movie” and Siri does the searching for you, presenting you with options without your having to click through multiple menus.
Games and More
Play Games and access to Education, Health & Fitness, and Lifestyle content.
Listen to songs from the vast Apple Music catalog and your complete personal music collection on the best speakers in the house.
Photos and Videos
Easily view photos and videos from your iCloud Photo Library and shared albums on your Apple TV.
With AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream whatever’s on the screen of your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac to your TV.